Ahh, the new year: the inspiration provided by the boundless opportunities before us, and the crushing reality of the obligations that lie ahead. A dichotomy of hope and dread, and only one more year until the world ends.
My prognostications for 2011 include:
- Something happens involving North Korea. Last time, I was right – nothing happened.
- The Phillies starters don’t live up to expectations.
- The housing market dips again.
- Hollywood puts out one flop after another until they decide to quit making movies about vampires and teenage sex romps. (Wishful thinking.)
- The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim makes people forget about those unnecessary motion gaming add-ons.
- A professional athlete commits a violent crime.
- Everything works out as it should, eventually.
And, for my boldest prediction, I imagine that 2011 will see the occurrence of an event that no one could have foreseen. When that happens, remember that I foresaw it.